Sunday, December 11, 2011

S3E4 'What Went Wrong' Recap: Oh my, where do we begin!

First of all, this was by far my favorite episode this season. Could it be because Eli wasn't in it? But seriously, so many great things happened.

Case of the week: Loved it, mainly because the actress who portrayed the defendant was great. Once again, we don't really know if she was guilty or not. If she killed her husband, she could have fooled me. Yet, the jury, or most of it anyway, seemed to think she was guilty. I'd love to find out what happens when the case gets retried but I doubt we'll find out.


Alica/Kalinda: Finally, finally, finally! Let the rekindling begin. I thought that blink-it-and-you'll-miss-it moment when Kalinda smiles for a split second when Alicia says "I'll help" was oddly heartwarming. Neither Alica nor Kalinda are gushy or into big gestures, so I think this their way of hugging it out.

Alica/Will/Peter: Is Alicia cursed? It seems like whichever guy she is most cozy with is being investigated. Despite all the laughs and smiles leading up to it, that final scene with the principal of the private school was a reminder that Peter can be a pretty ruthless guy.

Alicia/Diane: I'll admit that I've always wanted Diane to mentor Alicia and I finally got my wish. Will Will (ha!) feel betrayed now that Alicia not only left him but is BFFs with Diane? Power dynamics and alliances are changing.

Alicia/Owen: We love us some Owen and when he appears major changes almost always ensue. Was anyone surprised to hear Alicia say that she really doesn't love Will? I feel a little cheated considering that we were waiting 2+ years for the two of them to get together. Just like in real life, reality fails to live up to the fantasy.


The Cliffhanger aka Wendy: We did NOT see this coming but in hindsight it makes perfect sense. Where will this development take us? Will Alicia and Peter slowly get back together only for Alicia to once again feel betrayed by Peter and his (alleged) misconduct? If Peter's going down is Cary going with him?

So many questions... Can't wait for the rest of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment