Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Courts: Lies, Pushy Mothers, Micro-Expressions and Scientology

I'm still reeling from the events that transpired on yesterday's episodes of The Good Wife. Here are some of my thoughts:

-Kalinda comes out on top! For a minute there Kalinda got very quiet. I mean who could blame her? But in the end, of course, she managed to not only get a $50,000 (!) raise but also pledged her allegiance to team Will. Not that it really matters anymore.
Photo credit: CBS
-Diane/Will reconcile: Wow! This completely caught me off guard. Just when you though Lockhart/Gardner was donzo, Will realizes that he is being played, much like Diane was being played. Though I would have loved to see a Diane/Kalinda/Alicia firm, it won't happen anytime soon.
-Alica, of course, would have stayed with Will. Really, in retrospect it makes total sense. I mean she didn't leave her husband who had 'extramarital relations,' so why the hell would she betray what appears to be her closest, and possibly only, friend.
-Even though I find Jackie, Peter's mom, a difficult character to like, I felt bad for her yesterday when Peter told her to leave.
-I liked the court case but thought the whole biased judge storyline was unnecessary. I did, however, like that last scene when the jury member tells Alicia the reason for the guilty verdict. Once again, we were reminded that our heroine isn't always fighting for what's right but ultimately fights for what pays her bills.
-If Cary gets his deal with Diane I will stop watching the show! There's no way he should get more money than Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment