Monday, November 21, 2011

S3E9 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot' Recap - Military Time

I have to be honest with you: I'm not a big fan of anything related to the military and this episode was no exception... Also, I'm a bit under the weather so excuse the negativity that permeates the following post.

-I thought the case of the week was unconvincing. I can appreciate a look at sexism in the armed forces or critical look at the consequences of drones but throughout the episode I felt like something was off. I know we're supposed to be left guessing whether she really screwed up or if it was all just a witch hunt but the judge's reaction at the end seemed absurd. Considering the amount of civilian casualties in these endless wars, it seems absurd that a military judge would care about the deaths of some Middle Eastern civilians.

-The B plot about the cheese lobby was also not that great. Cute puns but we all know by now that the government is a slave to corporate interests which I guess was the point of the story. I did enjoy watching Eli getting all depressed about losing a client and Diane having to cheer him up.

-Jackie and Alicia at it again. I almost felt sorry for Jackie but the I remembered: "She's such a bitch." It's also interesting to note how Alicia and Jackie are representative of a big generational divide. Does Jackie really think the kids would be better of with Peter? Doesn't he just work as many hours? If not more? I know he's her son but it's odd that she demonizes Alicia for 'neglecting' the kids when Peter has hardly been a perfect father to them.

-Finally, Diane confronted Will about his relationship with Alicia. I don't think I've ever seen Diane stare someone down like that. She must be really worried about the investigation. How much does she know about Will's past? Also, ouch. When Will hit that pole in frustration, I was expecting his hand to be bruised in the scenes that followed.

The Good Wife is still by far my favorite show on TV but lately it feels like they've been dragging their feet on the Will/Alica storyline. Also, Kalinda needs to do something crazy. At least the next episode looks like it will be quite epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment